Thursday, July 21, 2011

Words from the past

I had the privilege of reading something I had written some time ago. It's amazing, I think, to read what you had thought and felt in the past and be able to compare those feelings to how you feel now. The writing itself interests me as well. I like reading my own papers. My memory is such that I can only barely remember what I wrote, but upon reading it again I can recall the feelings, the emotion that went into each word. What I read was a description of my best friend and I. It starts with how we met as teenagers in school, and reading it I remember the feeling of growing up with her. The happiness and joy, the excitement when we would get together, the love that started there. My words carried me through some of our fun times, and I had written about the hardships our friendship faced, the distance that we had to overcome as well as my own foolishness at times. We stayed friends, and we are still best friends, as well as so much more. I liked reading this paper that I had written before because it shows what was there and is still there. I talk about our friendship, our bond to one another. I say that we are linked, because we are. I believe now more than ever that we are two halves to the same whole. I speak of her as I saw her then, and every thing I said about her has held true to this day. Here is the post "best-friend-for-life" so that what I am trying to convey can be better understood. Suffice it to say I had found my best friend, and I knew it.

No comments: